Connect with us

Published

on

Rumors of Nene Leakes’ departure from Bravo’s “The Real House of Atlanta” have been swirling for months, but now it has been confirmed she is indeed departing the long running reality series, and will not be featured in its upcoming thirteenth season!

via People

Nene Leakes
CHARLES SYKES/BRAVO/NBCU PHOTO BANK VIA GETTY IMAGES

The reality star, 52, will not be returning to the hit Bravo series for its upcoming 13th season, she announced Thursday on her YouTube channel.

“Thank you to all of you guys that have been showing me a lot of love and support as of late. I feel you, I hear you. I have been on an extremely, extremely long, exhausting, tiring, emotional negotiation. There has been a lot of emotion flying on both sides,” she said in the video. “It has been hard, and I have made the very hard and difficult decision to not be a part of Real Housewives of Atlanta season 13.”

“It wasn’t an easy decision for me,” she continued. “It was hard. I started on The Real Housewives of Atlanta in 2008. We took off like a rocket. I mean, we took off. You could have never told me that I would start on this little show and it still be going strong 13, 14 years later. And it is. I’m just so happy that I can say that I was a part of a genre that opened up doors for Black ensemble reality shows to step up and be a part of what we all now love so much, reality TV.”

Leakes thanked fans, Bravo, the cast and her team for supporting her over the years. She also addressed a false report of someone on her team releasing a statement on her behalf last week. “I had no knowledge of it and I did not approve it,” she said.

She ended her message by promising, “I will see you again. Real soon.”

In a statement to PEOPLE, a Bravo rep said, “We wish Nene all the best in her future endeavors and thank her for sharing her journey for over a decade with the fans of The Real Housewives of Atlanta. She’s been instrumental since the start and will truly be missed, and maybe one day she’ll hold the peach again.”

As aforementinoned, rumors of her departure had been flying all summer. However, her manager, Steven Grossman, insisted in a statement to PEOPLE on June 18 that she was still in talks to return for season 13.

It is absolutely not true that Nene has been fired from RHOA,” Grossman said then. “Furthermore, it was made abundantly clear prior that she will always be welcome on the series as long as she wants to be.”

Gossman said at the time that they were “having on-going bigger picture conversations with NBC Universal and have not made any decisions regarding next season specifically. Any speculation or sources trying to create controversy by stating otherwise are incredibly inaccurate. Bloop.”

We are not sure what RHOA will be like without Nene, but her now former cast mate, Kenya Moore, has definitely filled her shoes as the show’s villain. Nene will always be the Queen of RHOA, and we are sure after so much earned and needed time off, she may as aforementioned, once again hold a peach. Good luck with everything Nene.

Celebrity News

“Hollywood” Actor, Jeremy Pope, To Star as Sammie Davis, Jr. in Biopic!

The breakout star of Netflix’s hit series, “Hollywood,” Jeremy Pope, is winning! The Emmy-nominated actor is poised to star in a biopic on the life of legendary singer, Sammie Davis, Jr!

The biopic will be produced by Pose writer and trans advocate, Janet Mock, and filmmaker, Lena Waithe. The film will most likely air on Netflix as Janet has a multi-picture deal with the streaming giant. 

Published

on

jeremy pope sammie davis jr

The breakout star of Netflix’s hit series, “Hollywood,” Jeremy Pope, is winning! The Emmy-nominated actor is poised to star in a biopic on the life of legendary singer, Sammie Davis, Jr!

The biopic will be produced by Pose writer and trans advocate, Janet Mock, and filmmaker, Lena Waithe. The film will most likely air on Netflix as Janet has a multi-picture deal with the streaming giant.

via Deadline

jeremy pope pose season 3

Jeremy Pope

Another pic package has Emmy-nominated Hollywood star Jeremy Pope poised to play Davis Jr with Janet Mock (Hollywood and Pose) directing a drama about the interracial love affair between the entertainer and actress Kim Novak, who at the time was the top box office draw in Hollywood. Jonathan Glickman (the upcoming Aretha Franklin film Respect) and Jon Levin are producing that one. It looks like Netflix will get first crack at that one with Mock’s deal there, and the intention is to start in April.

Jeremy is an amazing actor! We loved him in Hollywood and we are sure he will do Sammie Davis, Jr. justice. Also, as we previously posted you can expect to see him in the upcoming third season of Pose as “Christopher,” Blanca’ Evangelista’s (MJ Rodriguez) love interest.

What do you all think of Jeremy taking on this role of a lifetime? Sound off in the comment’s section below!

 

Continue Reading

Celebrity News

ICYMI! Jussie Smollett Makes His Feature Directorial Debut w/ “B-Boys Blues!”

Jussie Smollett is back in the news, and not for news surrounding his alleged hate crime hoax. Instead the controversial actor is making his feature film directorial debut with an adaptation of James Earl Hardy’s novels, “B-Boy Blues!”

B-Boy Blues follows the tumultuous relationship between Mitchell Crawford, a 27-year old journalist, and Raheim Rivers, a 21-year old bicycle messenger and B-boy (banjee boy). They meet in a gay bar in Greenwich Village in the summer of 1993. The B-boy hangs out on street corners, cool and menacing. Raheim is the third B-boy in Mitchell’s life, but underneath the former’s tough exterior, Raheim is smart and talented and a loving parent to his five-year-old son. But Raheim has a violent streak. B-Boy Blues spawned a series that has sold millions worldwide and remains a staple within the black LGBTQ+/Same Gender Loving community.

Published

on

jussie smollett b-boy blues

Jussie Smollett is back in the news, and not for news surrounding his alleged hate crime hoax. Instead the controversial actor is making his feature film directorial debut with an adaptation of James Earl Hardy’s novels, “B-Boy Blues!”

via Deadline

b-boy blues

B-Boy Blues follows the tumultuous relationship between Mitchell Crawford, a 27-year old journalist, and Raheim Rivers, a 21-year old bicycle messenger and B-boy (banjee boy). They meet in a gay bar in Greenwich Village in the summer of 1993. The B-boy hangs out on street corners, cool and menacing. Raheim is the third B-boy in Mitchell’s life, but underneath the former’s tough exterior, Raheim is smart and talented and a loving parent to his five-year-old son. But Raheim has a violent streak. B-Boy Blues spawned a series that has sold millions worldwide and remains a staple within the black LGBTQ+/Same Gender Loving community.

jussie smollett

This is actually a great and strategic move for Jussie career wise. Due to the hate crime hoax allegations he has become persona non grata in Hollywood. Going the indie route with a story untouched by any live action medium is extremely smart and lucrative; especially with the increasing interest in stories of LGBT people of color.

This is not Jussie’s first time directing either. In fact, he directed two episode on Fox’s Empire before he was terminated from the series. Despite his pending legal issues, Jussie is still a powerful gay figure and there are for people more qualified to tell the stories of an entire, often overlooked, group of people.

There is currently no news of who he will cast in the roles of Mitchell or Raheim. We hope he will do multiple films surrounding the book series. We will keep you posted on news surrounding this momentous event.

What do you think of Jussie’s latest career move? Will you be checking out his feature film directorial debut with “B-Boy Blues?” Sound off in the comments’ section below?

 

Continue Reading

Celebrity News

Tory Lanez Charged w/ Shooting Megan Thee Stallion, Social Media Reacts!

Rapper, Tory Lanez, has been convicted of firearm assault in the shooting of fellow rapper and former friend, Megan Thee Stallion.

As you may recall, the rapper shot Megan in both of her feet earlier this year. Earlier today the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office officially charged Tory with one felony count each of semi-automatic firearm, person use of a firearm and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.

He stands to face up to twenty-two years in prison.

Published

on

tory lanez charged with shooting Megan thee stallion

Rapper, Tory Lanez, has been convicted of firearm assault in the shooting of fellow rapper and former friend, Megan Thee Stallion.

As you may recall, the rapper shot Megan in both of her feet earlier this year. Earlier today the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office officially charged Tory with one felony count each of semi-automatic firearm, person use of a firearm and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.

He stands to face up to twenty-two years in prison.

tory lanez charged with shooting Megan thee stallion

Naturally, social media has been in an uproar–mosty applause–over Tory’s conviction! Check out the most outrages responses below!

We do not wish jail on anyone, but we want to see justice served, and above all else, a Black woman protected. We do not agree with how Tory Lanez handled this situation; and to release an album bashing Megan on the tailwinds of this is just heinous and tacky!

What are your thoughts on Tory’s convictions? Sound off in the comments’ section below!

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending

%d bloggers like this: