Connect with us

Published

on

As journalists we have the responsibility to report all subject matter as objectively as possible–even when we do not want to. It is now being reported that the “trajectory” of Jussie Smollett’s case. Police are now reporting the actor, who two weeks ago alleged he was attacked by a pair of men yelling racial and homophobic slurs, are now suggesting he orchestrated this attack!

via ABC Chicago 7

jussie smollett

Chicago police are “eager” to again speak again with “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett about his alleged attack after two brothers were arrested in connection with the attack agreed to cooperate with police, sources said Saturday evening.

“We can confirm that the information received from the individuals questioned by police earlier in the Empire case has in fact shifted the trajectory of the investigation. We’ve reached out to the Empire cast member’s attorney to request a follow-up interview,” said Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.

Friday night, two brothers who were being held as persons of interest in the alleged attack on Smollett were released without charges. They are not considered suspects.

What that new information is police will not say, but sources confirm reports that the brothers, who had a preexisting relationship with Smollet, were paid by the actor to carry out the attack.

Two officials familiar with the Smollett investigation confirmed to ABC News that detectives confronted the two brothers with evidence that they purchased the rope found around Smollett’s neck at a local hardware store. The brothers agreed to cooperate with police, who are investigating whether Smollett made up the story, after police threatened to charge them with battery and hate crimes.

Guglielmi said they have reached out to Smollett’s attorneys Friday night. “We made our intentions clear,” he said.

Late Saturday, Smollett’s attorneys Todd S. Pugh and Victor P. Henderson released a statement, addressing reports that the actor may have staged the attack.

‘As a victim of a hate crime who has cooperated with the police investigation, Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with. He has now been further victimized by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying.’

“One of these purported suspects was Jussie’s personal trainer who he hired to ready him physically for a music video. It is impossible to believe that this person could have played a role in the crime against Jussie or would falsely claim Jussie’s complicity.

“Jussie and his attorneys anticipate being further updated by the Chicago Police Department on the status of the investigation and will continue to cooperate. At the present time, Jussie and his attorneys have no inclination to respond to “unnamed” sources inside of the investigation, but will continue discussions through official channels.”

This is all beginning to unravel into a situation none of us ever wanted to see coming. Like his father, Donald Trump Jr., had his own words to share–via Twitter–about the recent developments in Jussie’s case.

At this point we are not sure what to believe, but we do ask that justice be served–SWIFTLY. If Jussie orchestrated this in any way then he needs to be brought to justice and reimburse taxpayers for the manpower and resources this investigation has cost taxpayers. We will keep you posted as new information unfolds.

Celebrity News

She’s DONE! Nene Leakes Leaves “The Real Housewives of Atlanta”

Rumors of Nene Leakes’ departure from Bravo’s “The Real House of Atlanta” have been swirling for months, but now it has been confirmed she is indeed departing the long running reality series, and will not be featured in its upcoming thirteenth season!

Published

on

nene leakes leaves real housewives of atlanta

Rumors of Nene Leakes’ departure from Bravo’s “The Real House of Atlanta” have been swirling for months, but now it has been confirmed she is indeed departing the long running reality series, and will not be featured in its upcoming thirteenth season!

via People

Nene Leakes
CHARLES SYKES/BRAVO/NBCU PHOTO BANK VIA GETTY IMAGES

The reality star, 52, will not be returning to the hit Bravo series for its upcoming 13th season, she announced Thursday on her YouTube channel.

“Thank you to all of you guys that have been showing me a lot of love and support as of late. I feel you, I hear you. I have been on an extremely, extremely long, exhausting, tiring, emotional negotiation. There has been a lot of emotion flying on both sides,” she said in the video. “It has been hard, and I have made the very hard and difficult decision to not be a part of Real Housewives of Atlanta season 13.”

“It wasn’t an easy decision for me,” she continued. “It was hard. I started on The Real Housewives of Atlanta in 2008. We took off like a rocket. I mean, we took off. You could have never told me that I would start on this little show and it still be going strong 13, 14 years later. And it is. I’m just so happy that I can say that I was a part of a genre that opened up doors for Black ensemble reality shows to step up and be a part of what we all now love so much, reality TV.”

Leakes thanked fans, Bravo, the cast and her team for supporting her over the years. She also addressed a false report of someone on her team releasing a statement on her behalf last week. “I had no knowledge of it and I did not approve it,” she said.

She ended her message by promising, “I will see you again. Real soon.”

In a statement to PEOPLE, a Bravo rep said, “We wish Nene all the best in her future endeavors and thank her for sharing her journey for over a decade with the fans of The Real Housewives of Atlanta. She’s been instrumental since the start and will truly be missed, and maybe one day she’ll hold the peach again.”

As aforementinoned, rumors of her departure had been flying all summer. However, her manager, Steven Grossman, insisted in a statement to PEOPLE on June 18 that she was still in talks to return for season 13.

It is absolutely not true that Nene has been fired from RHOA,” Grossman said then. “Furthermore, it was made abundantly clear prior that she will always be welcome on the series as long as she wants to be.”

Gossman said at the time that they were “having on-going bigger picture conversations with NBC Universal and have not made any decisions regarding next season specifically. Any speculation or sources trying to create controversy by stating otherwise are incredibly inaccurate. Bloop.”

We are not sure what RHOA will be like without Nene, but her now former cast mate, Kenya Moore, has definitely filled her shoes as the show’s villain. Nene will always be the Queen of RHOA, and we are sure after so much earned and needed time off, she may as aforementioned, once again hold a peach. Good luck with everything Nene.

Continue Reading

Celebrity News

[PHOTOS] Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, & More Gather for Chadwick Boseman’s Oceanside Memorial Service

Chadwick Boseman has finally been laid to rest with an oceanside memorial service to commemorate his life. In attendance were his widow, Taylor Simone Ledward, family, and his Black Panther costars, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, and Winston Duke among others.

Published

on

chadwick boseman funeral memorial service

Chadwick Boseman has finally been laid to rest with an oceanside memorial service to commemorate his life. In attendance were his widow, Taylor Simone Ledward, family, and his Black Panther costars, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, and Winston Duke among others.

chadwick boseman dead

Private photographs from the service, obtained by The Sun, show the service took place in Malibu, CA.

You can see a few of the photos below:

View this post on Instagram

A Memorial held for the #king Chadwick Boseman in Malibu. CHADWICK Boseman’s friends, family and co-stars gathered in Malibu to remember the brave actor’s life and say their final goodbyes. Mourners including Michael B Jordan, Lupita Nyong'o and other Black Panther stars took a moment to console each other and the star’s grieving wife, Taylor Simone Ledward. The memorial was overlooking the ocean and included music from a hang drum.  There was a beautiful table display with Boseman’s photo and flowers.  The actor passed away aged just 43 at home in Los Angeles on August 28 after a private four-year battle with colon cancer. His beloved wife Taylor, whom he secretly married shortly before his death, was at his bedside alongside close family. Since the actor’s death was announced tributes have since flooded in, with praise for Boseman's legacy and significance to millions of fans around the world following his starring role in the groundbreaking Black Panther. The film was a landmark moment for representation in Hollywood. 📸:@thesun

A post shared by Mo Lawani (@zelafrica) on

We are going to miss Chadwick Boseman so much. He did not only bring Black Panther to life, he embodied so much dignity and honor, and moved with respect. He is one of the ancestors now, and we just know Heaven welcomed him with open arms. Rest well King, you have earned it.

 

 

Continue Reading

Celebrity News

In Crazy News! Fans Circulate Petition to Have Ryan Gosling Become The New Black Panther

The world continues to mourn the loss of Chadwick Boseman, after he succumbed to colon cancer on Friday. The outpour of love and admiration from the world at large is nothing short of legendary. 

Some “fans,” however, have jumped the gun and are now circulating a petition to have Black Panther recast with a White lead, namely Ryan Gosling.

Published

on

ryan gosling as black panther

The world continues to mourn the loss of Chadwick Boseman, after he succumbed to colon cancer on Friday. The outpour of love and admiration from the world at large is nothing short of legendary.

Some “fans,” however, have jumped the gun and are now circulating a petition to have Black Panther recast with a White lead, namely Ryan Gosling.

These fans argue that in the comics and other movies White characters have been recast as other ethnicities. For example the DC Extended Universe (DCEU) has cast Black actors, Zoe Kravitz and Jeffrey Wright as Selina Kyle/Catwoman and Commissioner Gordon, respectively, and in the comics and on television characters like Iris West, Iron Man, The Hulk, Green Lantern, Batwoman, Kid Flash, and more have also at times been replaced by characters of other races.

white wolf marvel comics

White Wolf

Ryan Gosling is an amazing actor, but the role of Black Panther is NOT for him and has always been helmed by a Black character. Ryan would be good, however, to join the Black Panther cinematic mythos as “Hunter/White Wolf,” the villainous adoptive brother of T’Challa and Shuri.

Beyond the absurdness of this petition, Chadwick has only been dead for a couple of days. Recast discussions of any kind at this time are disrespectful and dishonorable. The “on to the next” mentality of today’s culture is sickening.

shuri as black panther

The role of “Black Panther” is most assuredly the most coveted and high profile Black role in Hollywood at the moment, and we are sure they will make a decision in the coming months. Rhe most likely decision will come from the comics themselves, with Shuri stepping up to become the Queen of Wakanda and the new Black Panther.

What do you all think of this petition and our suggestion that Ryan Gosling be the White Wolf instead? Sound off in the comments’ section below!

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending

%d bloggers like this: