Connect with us

Published

on

Donald Trump was a man of few words–for a change–when he finally broke his silence over Jussie Smollett’s attack by two masked earlier this week. The attack is being called a hate crime as the attackers yelled “MAGA country” when they fled after hurling homophobic and racist slurs while brutalizing him. When asked in the Oval Office today by a reporter he referred to the incident as simply, “horrible.”

via TMZ

jussie smollett no h8 campaign

ABC News

President Trump has been keeping up on the news about the Jussie Smollett attack, and says it’s horrible.

The President spoke Thursday morning from the Oval Office and when a reporter asked him about the “Empire” star’s case, he replied, “That I can tell you is horrible. I’ve seen it … last night. It doesn’t get worse, as far as I’m concerned.”

It was a pretty brief response … he didn’t elaborate on any details of the case.

Remember, Jussie says his attackers yelled, “MAGA country” as they fled after beating him, pouring bleach on him and putting a rope around his neck. 

Unsurprisingly, Trump did not mention the involvement of his MAGA slogan in the attack. In other news, the Chicago Police Department has confimed Jussie indeed had a rope around his neck during the attack. This comes on the heels of naysayers and skeptics of the validity of Jussie’s attack. One of them, surprisingly, has been former Love & Hip-Hop Hollywood star, Milan Christopher.

via TMZ

jussie smollett

A woman who lives in Jussie Smollett‘s apartment building told cops she saw a suspicious man — whom she said looked like a “redneck” — loitering just outside the entrance to the building an hour and a half before Jussie says he was attacked.

The woman — who asked us not to use her name — tells TMZ, she walked out of the building at 12:30 AM Tuesday to take her dogs out and saw the man near the door, pacing between the parking garage and entrance, looking agitated and smoking a cigarette. She says, “He looked out of place.” He was a white man with scruff on his face wearing a blue winter beanie, a blue zip-up sweatshirt with a hood and blue jeans that were too short, exposing “thick, grey hunting socks” with camel-colored dress shoes.

She says she noticed what looked like a rope, or a clothesline, protruding from the bottom of his sweatshirt, made of white and blue material.  

She says he was staring at another man about 300 feet away, who was standing near another entrance to the building.

She says she got “creeped out” by the man, and after 5 minutes she retreated back into the building.

The woman says she went to sleep and woke up at 4 AM to go to the gym, and noticed a lot of security. She says the concierge told her Jussie was attacked, and when she told him what she saw, the concierge implored her to call a detective and gave her two phone numbers. She made contact that afternoon and downloaded a detective.

As we reported, cops have released photos of 2 persons of interest. We do not know if one of them is the person the woman saw.

Chicago PD sources tell us they have looked at numerous videos in the area in question, but have not seen any footage of an altercation.

We really hope they find these men. MAGA supporters or not. A crime was committed and they are the perpetrators!

Celebrity News

“Hollywood” Actor, Jeremy Pope, To Star as Sammie Davis, Jr. in Biopic!

The breakout star of Netflix’s hit series, “Hollywood,” Jeremy Pope, is winning! The Emmy-nominated actor is poised to star in a biopic on the life of legendary singer, Sammie Davis, Jr!

The biopic will be produced by Pose writer and trans advocate, Janet Mock, and filmmaker, Lena Waithe. The film will most likely air on Netflix as Janet has a multi-picture deal with the streaming giant. 

Published

on

jeremy pope sammie davis jr

The breakout star of Netflix’s hit series, “Hollywood,” Jeremy Pope, is winning! The Emmy-nominated actor is poised to star in a biopic on the life of legendary singer, Sammie Davis, Jr!

The biopic will be produced by Pose writer and trans advocate, Janet Mock, and filmmaker, Lena Waithe. The film will most likely air on Netflix as Janet has a multi-picture deal with the streaming giant.

via Deadline

jeremy pope pose season 3

Jeremy Pope

Another pic package has Emmy-nominated Hollywood star Jeremy Pope poised to play Davis Jr with Janet Mock (Hollywood and Pose) directing a drama about the interracial love affair between the entertainer and actress Kim Novak, who at the time was the top box office draw in Hollywood. Jonathan Glickman (the upcoming Aretha Franklin film Respect) and Jon Levin are producing that one. It looks like Netflix will get first crack at that one with Mock’s deal there, and the intention is to start in April.

Jeremy is an amazing actor! We loved him in Hollywood and we are sure he will do Sammie Davis, Jr. justice. Also, as we previously posted you can expect to see him in the upcoming third season of Pose as “Christopher,” Blanca’ Evangelista’s (MJ Rodriguez) love interest.

What do you all think of Jeremy taking on this role of a lifetime? Sound off in the comment’s section below!

 

Continue Reading

Celebrity News

ICYMI! Jussie Smollett Makes His Feature Directorial Debut w/ “B-Boys Blues!”

Jussie Smollett is back in the news, and not for news surrounding his alleged hate crime hoax. Instead the controversial actor is making his feature film directorial debut with an adaptation of James Earl Hardy’s novels, “B-Boy Blues!”

B-Boy Blues follows the tumultuous relationship between Mitchell Crawford, a 27-year old journalist, and Raheim Rivers, a 21-year old bicycle messenger and B-boy (banjee boy). They meet in a gay bar in Greenwich Village in the summer of 1993. The B-boy hangs out on street corners, cool and menacing. Raheim is the third B-boy in Mitchell’s life, but underneath the former’s tough exterior, Raheim is smart and talented and a loving parent to his five-year-old son. But Raheim has a violent streak. B-Boy Blues spawned a series that has sold millions worldwide and remains a staple within the black LGBTQ+/Same Gender Loving community.

Published

on

jussie smollett b-boy blues

Jussie Smollett is back in the news, and not for news surrounding his alleged hate crime hoax. Instead the controversial actor is making his feature film directorial debut with an adaptation of James Earl Hardy’s novels, “B-Boy Blues!”

via Deadline

b-boy blues

B-Boy Blues follows the tumultuous relationship between Mitchell Crawford, a 27-year old journalist, and Raheim Rivers, a 21-year old bicycle messenger and B-boy (banjee boy). They meet in a gay bar in Greenwich Village in the summer of 1993. The B-boy hangs out on street corners, cool and menacing. Raheim is the third B-boy in Mitchell’s life, but underneath the former’s tough exterior, Raheim is smart and talented and a loving parent to his five-year-old son. But Raheim has a violent streak. B-Boy Blues spawned a series that has sold millions worldwide and remains a staple within the black LGBTQ+/Same Gender Loving community.

jussie smollett

This is actually a great and strategic move for Jussie career wise. Due to the hate crime hoax allegations he has become persona non grata in Hollywood. Going the indie route with a story untouched by any live action medium is extremely smart and lucrative; especially with the increasing interest in stories of LGBT people of color.

This is not Jussie’s first time directing either. In fact, he directed two episode on Fox’s Empire before he was terminated from the series. Despite his pending legal issues, Jussie is still a powerful gay figure and there are for people more qualified to tell the stories of an entire, often overlooked, group of people.

There is currently no news of who he will cast in the roles of Mitchell or Raheim. We hope he will do multiple films surrounding the book series. We will keep you posted on news surrounding this momentous event.

What do you think of Jussie’s latest career move? Will you be checking out his feature film directorial debut with “B-Boy Blues?” Sound off in the comments’ section below?

 

Continue Reading

Celebrity News

Tory Lanez Charged w/ Shooting Megan Thee Stallion, Social Media Reacts!

Rapper, Tory Lanez, has been convicted of firearm assault in the shooting of fellow rapper and former friend, Megan Thee Stallion.

As you may recall, the rapper shot Megan in both of her feet earlier this year. Earlier today the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office officially charged Tory with one felony count each of semi-automatic firearm, person use of a firearm and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.

He stands to face up to twenty-two years in prison.

Published

on

tory lanez charged with shooting Megan thee stallion

Rapper, Tory Lanez, has been convicted of firearm assault in the shooting of fellow rapper and former friend, Megan Thee Stallion.

As you may recall, the rapper shot Megan in both of her feet earlier this year. Earlier today the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office officially charged Tory with one felony count each of semi-automatic firearm, person use of a firearm and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.

He stands to face up to twenty-two years in prison.

tory lanez charged with shooting Megan thee stallion

Naturally, social media has been in an uproar–mosty applause–over Tory’s conviction! Check out the most outrages responses below!

We do not wish jail on anyone, but we want to see justice served, and above all else, a Black woman protected. We do not agree with how Tory Lanez handled this situation; and to release an album bashing Megan on the tailwinds of this is just heinous and tacky!

What are your thoughts on Tory’s convictions? Sound off in the comments’ section below!

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending

%d bloggers like this: