Connect with us

Published

on

“Welcome To Sweetie Pie’s” was OWN’s first hit reality series, introducing us to Miss Robbie Montgomery, a former Ikette from “The Ike & Tina Turner Revue” who went on to open a series of soul food restaurants in St. Louis alongside her son, Tim Norman.

However, this morning it is being reported that Tim Norman was arrested at his home in Jackson, Mississippi; being charged alongside an exotic dancer with conspiring to murder his now deceased nephew, Andre Montgomery for $450K in insurance money.

via Riverfront Times

sweetie pie's tim norman murder andre montgomery

(left) Andre Montgomery (deceased) and Miss Robbie Montgomery

James Timothy Norman of Sweetie Pie’s fame is facing federal charges alleging he conspired with an exotic dancer in the murder of his eighteen-year-old nephew Andre Montgomery.

The 41-year-old son of the legendary restaurant owner Robbie Montgomery was arrested this morning at his home in Jackson, Mississippi, according to a statement from the U.S. Attorney.

Norman, who starred with his family in the show Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s, had feuded with his mother over money in recent years after she sued him for opening restaurants under the Sweetie Pie’s brand without her permission, according to court records.

It was a messy, public spat, but federal authorities say Norman executed a far more sinister conspiracy to have his teenage nephew killed in 2016. According to the criminal complaint unsealed today, Norman had taken out $450,000 in life insurance policies on Andre Montgomery in 2014, and he was the sole beneficiary.

In 2016, Norman was living in Los Angeles. Phone records obtained by investigators showed that leading up to Andre Montgomery’s murder, Norman and a Memphis-based dancer named Teria Ellis headed to St. Louis and communicated over burner phones. Ellis also started contacting Montgomery, sending him her Instagram account handle, Alexusdagreat, and texting that she would be visiting St. Louis.

“I’m on my way in town,” she wrote him in an email on March 10, 2016, according to court records.

Three days later, Norman flew into St. Louis and booked a room at the Chase Park Plaza hotel. The next day, March 14, Ellis contacted Montgomery to figure out where he was, according to the complaint. Cell phone records showed that he texted her the address of a house: 3964 Natural Bridge Ave. in the city. Ellis then called Norman.

That night, at 8:02 p.m., Montgomery was shot to death at the house on Natural Bridge. And investigators believe Ellis was there. Location data from her burner phone put her at the scene, and in one of Montgomery’s final phone calls, he spoke to his girlfriend, who later told investigators she could hear a woman’s voice in the background.

One minute after the eighteen-year-old was shot, Ellis made another call — to Norman.

“Despite being at the scene of Montgomery’s murder at 8:02 pm, ELLIS’s first phone call was not to the police, but rather to [NORMAN] at 8:03 p.m., at which time her phone location data showed she was driving in a direction consistent with her returning home in Memphis, Tennessee,” the criminal complaint says.

Phone records would then show the phone moving south along Interstate 55. Norman’s phone showed him flying back to Los Angeles, arriving early the morning after the killing. That same day, March 15, 2016, both the burner phones went dark, authorities say.

Back in Memphis, Ellis began depositing money — $3,020 in a checking account that previously had a negative balance and another $4,340 in a savings account opened the same day. On March 17, 2016, she deposited another $1,900.

On March 22, 2016, she and her mother and daughter flew to Los Angeles. There’s not much information in the court records about what they did there, but authorities say location data for her mom’s phone showed that on at least one occasion they were with Norman.

At the end of April 2016, Norman wired Ellis $700.

Norman waited a week to try to collect on his murdered nephew’s life insurance police, authorities say. On March 21, 2016, he called the bank, but he never provided all the documentation required and still hasn’t gotten the money, according to court records.

He’s now being held without bond at a jail in Madison County, Mississippi. He and Ellis have been charged with conspiracy to use interstate commerce facilities in commission of murder-for-hire, resulting in death.

The case is being investigated by St. Louis police and the FBI.

sweetie pie's tim norman murder andre montgomery

Tim Norman’s mugshot

We are shocked and dismayed by this news. We loved “Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s” and grieved alongside their family when Andre was killed. Tim having anything to do with his own nephew’s murder is insidious. From the show we could tell Tim and Andre had some issues with one another, but nothing to where he would plot to kill him…
We are praying for justice to be served, and more importantly for Miss Robbie. She’s dealt with enough loss losing her oldest son, Andre’s father, then Andre, and now Tim again to prison. We guess his son’s mother, Jenae Shivers was right on keeping their son, Timmy away. We will keep you posted as more on this story unfolds. We need answers!

Celebrity News

“Hollywood” Actor, Jeremy Pope, To Star as Sammie Davis, Jr. in Biopic!

The breakout star of Netflix’s hit series, “Hollywood,” Jeremy Pope, is winning! The Emmy-nominated actor is poised to star in a biopic on the life of legendary singer, Sammie Davis, Jr!

The biopic will be produced by Pose writer and trans advocate, Janet Mock, and filmmaker, Lena Waithe. The film will most likely air on Netflix as Janet has a multi-picture deal with the streaming giant. 

Published

on

jeremy pope sammie davis jr

The breakout star of Netflix’s hit series, “Hollywood,” Jeremy Pope, is winning! The Emmy-nominated actor is poised to star in a biopic on the life of legendary singer, Sammie Davis, Jr!

The biopic will be produced by Pose writer and trans advocate, Janet Mock, and filmmaker, Lena Waithe. The film will most likely air on Netflix as Janet has a multi-picture deal with the streaming giant.

via Deadline

jeremy pope pose season 3

Jeremy Pope

Another pic package has Emmy-nominated Hollywood star Jeremy Pope poised to play Davis Jr with Janet Mock (Hollywood and Pose) directing a drama about the interracial love affair between the entertainer and actress Kim Novak, who at the time was the top box office draw in Hollywood. Jonathan Glickman (the upcoming Aretha Franklin film Respect) and Jon Levin are producing that one. It looks like Netflix will get first crack at that one with Mock’s deal there, and the intention is to start in April.

Jeremy is an amazing actor! We loved him in Hollywood and we are sure he will do Sammie Davis, Jr. justice. Also, as we previously posted you can expect to see him in the upcoming third season of Pose as “Christopher,” Blanca’ Evangelista’s (MJ Rodriguez) love interest.

What do you all think of Jeremy taking on this role of a lifetime? Sound off in the comment’s section below!

 

Continue Reading

Celebrity News

ICYMI! Jussie Smollett Makes His Feature Directorial Debut w/ “B-Boys Blues!”

Jussie Smollett is back in the news, and not for news surrounding his alleged hate crime hoax. Instead the controversial actor is making his feature film directorial debut with an adaptation of James Earl Hardy’s novels, “B-Boy Blues!”

B-Boy Blues follows the tumultuous relationship between Mitchell Crawford, a 27-year old journalist, and Raheim Rivers, a 21-year old bicycle messenger and B-boy (banjee boy). They meet in a gay bar in Greenwich Village in the summer of 1993. The B-boy hangs out on street corners, cool and menacing. Raheim is the third B-boy in Mitchell’s life, but underneath the former’s tough exterior, Raheim is smart and talented and a loving parent to his five-year-old son. But Raheim has a violent streak. B-Boy Blues spawned a series that has sold millions worldwide and remains a staple within the black LGBTQ+/Same Gender Loving community.

Published

on

jussie smollett b-boy blues

Jussie Smollett is back in the news, and not for news surrounding his alleged hate crime hoax. Instead the controversial actor is making his feature film directorial debut with an adaptation of James Earl Hardy’s novels, “B-Boy Blues!”

via Deadline

b-boy blues

B-Boy Blues follows the tumultuous relationship between Mitchell Crawford, a 27-year old journalist, and Raheim Rivers, a 21-year old bicycle messenger and B-boy (banjee boy). They meet in a gay bar in Greenwich Village in the summer of 1993. The B-boy hangs out on street corners, cool and menacing. Raheim is the third B-boy in Mitchell’s life, but underneath the former’s tough exterior, Raheim is smart and talented and a loving parent to his five-year-old son. But Raheim has a violent streak. B-Boy Blues spawned a series that has sold millions worldwide and remains a staple within the black LGBTQ+/Same Gender Loving community.

jussie smollett

This is actually a great and strategic move for Jussie career wise. Due to the hate crime hoax allegations he has become persona non grata in Hollywood. Going the indie route with a story untouched by any live action medium is extremely smart and lucrative; especially with the increasing interest in stories of LGBT people of color.

This is not Jussie’s first time directing either. In fact, he directed two episode on Fox’s Empire before he was terminated from the series. Despite his pending legal issues, Jussie is still a powerful gay figure and there are for people more qualified to tell the stories of an entire, often overlooked, group of people.

There is currently no news of who he will cast in the roles of Mitchell or Raheim. We hope he will do multiple films surrounding the book series. We will keep you posted on news surrounding this momentous event.

What do you think of Jussie’s latest career move? Will you be checking out his feature film directorial debut with “B-Boy Blues?” Sound off in the comments’ section below?

 

Continue Reading

Celebrity News

Tory Lanez Charged w/ Shooting Megan Thee Stallion, Social Media Reacts!

Rapper, Tory Lanez, has been convicted of firearm assault in the shooting of fellow rapper and former friend, Megan Thee Stallion.

As you may recall, the rapper shot Megan in both of her feet earlier this year. Earlier today the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office officially charged Tory with one felony count each of semi-automatic firearm, person use of a firearm and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.

He stands to face up to twenty-two years in prison.

Published

on

tory lanez charged with shooting Megan thee stallion

Rapper, Tory Lanez, has been convicted of firearm assault in the shooting of fellow rapper and former friend, Megan Thee Stallion.

As you may recall, the rapper shot Megan in both of her feet earlier this year. Earlier today the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office officially charged Tory with one felony count each of semi-automatic firearm, person use of a firearm and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.

He stands to face up to twenty-two years in prison.

tory lanez charged with shooting Megan thee stallion

Naturally, social media has been in an uproar–mosty applause–over Tory’s conviction! Check out the most outrages responses below!

We do not wish jail on anyone, but we want to see justice served, and above all else, a Black woman protected. We do not agree with how Tory Lanez handled this situation; and to release an album bashing Megan on the tailwinds of this is just heinous and tacky!

What are your thoughts on Tory’s convictions? Sound off in the comments’ section below!

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending

%d bloggers like this: